Search for job
Position: Registered Nurse
OF FUNCTIONS: Provides clinical services to patients and families in homes and other settings in accordance with Agency policies and procedures.
SUPERVISED BY: Clinical Manager
PHI ACCESS LEVEL: 4
- Performs all duties in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, as well as with the company code of ethics and policies and procedures at all times. Regular attendance is an essential job function of this position.
- Supports, demonstrates and promotes the principles of respectful workplace and core values in all interactions with patients, patient’s family members, other employees, vendors or visitors.
- Follows standards of care appropriate for nursing practice and in compliance with agency best practices.
- Performs nursing assessment and care planning according to agency policies and procedures.
- Assures that insurance authorization or other payment source is obtained prior to visit.
- Demonstrates clinical competency in OASIS assessments and documentation.
- Obtains physician orders for all care rendered and communicates changes to supervisor or physician as appropriate.
- Performs case management and coordination of services with the patient, family and other disciplines involved in care plan if applicable.
- Performs regular evaluation of client’s progress, takes prompt action when any change in the client’s condition is noted or reported, and discharges client from care when goals are attained.
- OASIS is submitted within time periods outlined in regulations
- Ability to achieve positive, individual OASIS outcomes as set by Agency benchmarks.
- Develops written plan of care for home health aide services and ensures adequate orientation and supervision of home health aides assigned to patients.
- Provides complete and accurate documentation of nursing care. Ensures the clinical record appropriately reflects client condition. Submits all documentation in time frame outlined by agency policies.
- Submits clinical data electronically on a daily basis (at least once per day).
- Effectively communicates pertinent information and provides care coordination to the patient/family and care team.
- Required to be added to the weekend/holiday rotation.
- Ability to travel outside of assigned area on occasion to meet Agency needs.
- Wears photo identification at all times while “on duty” and visiting patients.
- Maintains knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to check and respond to email and voice mail messages within 24 hours.
- Performs point of service documentation in the home on Agency provided laptop.
- Performs other duties as requested by Supervisor.
- Current licensed registered in the State of Connecticut.
- Diploma in Nursing, Associate degree in Nursing, or Baccalaureate degree in Nursing. The Registered Nurse with a Diploma or Associate’s degree in Nursing is required to have two years of inpatient experience. With a Master’s degree in nursing, no in-patient experience is required. Medical/surgical or homecare experience is highly desirable.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable automobile and auto insurance.
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft (Outlook and Word) required. Experience with electronic medical record systems (EMR ) highly desired
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Sedentary to Medium Heavy
The physical demands of this position range from sedentary to medium-heavy, i.e.; constant handling of up to 10 pounds to occasional handling of up to 70 pounds.
Standing walking and handling are performed on a constant basis. Carrying, bending, lifting/lowering, pushing/pulling with whole body and with arms are performed on a frequent basis. Sitting, squatting/kneeling, twisting, and reaching are performed on an occasional basis.
The highest physical demand of this position is incurred while transferring a patient. Examples include sideling to sitting, sitting to standing, and lifting from chair, commode, toilet, bed, or floor. Loads lifted or forces exerted up to 70 pounds per person in height range of 0 - 36 inches.
Daily driving an automobile varied distances to client locations, as well as constant entering and existing of the automobile. Enter buildings using varied levels of stairs in order to provide service.
Field position: 75% of time spent outdoors in motor vehicle and in client homes in all weather conditions and temperatures. Moderate temperatures while inside the Agency with carpet and tile flooring.
Persons with mental or physical disabilities are eligible as long as they can perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position after reasonable accommodation is made for their known limitations. If the accommodation cannot be made because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such persons may not be eligible.
- Registered Nurse - RN
- Temp to Hire